Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link "image display" frontpanel objects together

Hello everyone,

I am doing some basic picture analysis. I want to check my result manually by comparing the result picture with the raw-pticture using the standard IMAQ "image display" frontpanel object. To make that procedure faster I want so scroll and zoom in the "raw picture" and see the same detail in the "result picture" below. I know to do that I have to use property and invoke nodes. But after some hour of experiments I have not found the right property nodes to link the "result picture" with the "get last event" invoke node from the raw-picture. Could someone give me a hint how to link it?

Thank you in advance for your answers,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,753 Views)

This is easily doable. Can you create simple code that replicates your actual code, and post over here so we can comment on that?

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,746 Views)

Hi Adnan,

I have modified an example from the labview-database to show my problem. I tried to link the "scroll" event of two picture objects on the frontpanel. The threshold stuff is just from the example (so not important). Thank you!

Best regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,735 Views)

I'm sorry but I haven't yet installed Vision tools for 2013. Can you please save the VI for 2012 and then post?

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,713 Views)

Hi Paul,

I had a look on your VI. Unfortunately, it is not that intuitive to get the pixel coordinates of the zoomed image. There are two property nodes which are important:

- ZoomInteger:All Elements <- gives you the zoom factor

- Image Center Position:All Elements <- gives you an information about the center of the displayed part

Try to combine these two property nodes in order to get the required informations.

If you get stuck anywhere, please feel free to come back to me.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa

AE Munich

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,709 Views)

Hi Vanessa,

works great! Thank you for your advice, sometimes it is not easy to find the right settings in a property node. Smiley Embarassed

Best regads,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,587 Views)