Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display 16 bit image in VBAI custom inspection interface?

I'm working with 16 bit grey scale images in VBAI. In configuration mode, there is an option on how to handle 16 bit display mapping, and it works very well to preview the effect of the different display possibilities. However, those settings do not carry over into inspection mode. In the custom inspection interface, if I right click on the image display area it also has an option for 16 bit image mapping, with a default value of "Full Dynamic". It allows me to choose something else, but if I save the custom interface and reopen it, the value always reverts back to "Full Dynamic" For the time being, I've worked around it by adding a vision assistant step to convert the 16 bit image to 8 bit, but I would really prefer to take this step out. Are there any tricks to getting the image mapping setting to work properly within the custom interface? Thanks, Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,429 Views)
I would not expect that to happen. I will investigate. In the mean time if you have LabVIEW you can export the custom ui and edit the block diagram in LabVIEW. Then you can add a property node for the image display control to set the 16 bit display mapping when the vi runs. Make sure to reimport this updated ui and edit the step that updates the custom ui to run the code when the step executes. I'll let you know what I find out about why it reverts when you try to set it from the editor in VBAI.

Thanks
Brad
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,414 Views)