cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define a rectangle programmatically to use as a RIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I'm analysing a video and would like the option to either define a RIO by clicking and dragging on the video window or by using a default region. I've manage to do the click and drag but I can't set the rectangle to be the to corner of the video. Video resolutions change between files so I need to use the info from the width and height to define the coordinates . These values then need to be passed to the IMAQ convert rectangle to RIO. The problem is I cant write to the function in the rectangle data type. I tried a standard cluster of the 5 elements which are in the rectangle data type but this doesn't work. How do I do this? The picture shows the code I have. 

thanks 

Stephen

Labview 14.0, Labview 12.0
CLAD
Mechanical Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,207 Views)
Covert the cluster to array of 4 elements then it will work for you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen1995

use this example to solve yuor problem 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,181 Views)
Solution

@PalanivelThiruvenkadam wrote:
Covert the cluster to array of 4 elements then it will work for you

The above statement has to be reversed to make the concept workROI Selection.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,159 Views)
Solution
I don't get why you are using Build cluster array instead of Bundle for cluster.
-The input to Rectangle to ROI is cluster of five elements, not cluster of array of five elements.
-no need of making array then converting to cluter.
-Just use bundle the five numbers using https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/glang/bundle/
-let me know if that helps.
Thanks
uday
Message 5 of 6
(4,149 Views)

Yes this worked. thanks

Labview 14.0, Labview 12.0
CLAD
Mechanical Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,144 Views)