From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Visualize 3D data in Labview

Hi,

I am using Labview 2010,i have a 3D point cloud that i created in PCL(point cloud library).Now, I want to know if there is a 3D visualizer in Labview that will let me visualize the data if i send it the array/file of 3D points as input.I know that there is Avizo visualizer,but i was hoping for a free software.

PS: I can send data from PCL to labview using dlls,so that is not a problem and the data is stored as .ply file.

Thanks,

Harsha.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,547 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,541 Views)

Hi

We have a Library (3D-MVL) with a fast viewer for Cloud of Point data files. It is an OCX and you can include it into your projects. If you want to evaluate the library you can download it from the LabVIEW Tools Network (ImagingLab 3D-MVL)

Currently we are working on an update, so if interested you can ask me for a beta.

We know PCL and we are very interested in developing some interface to LabVIEW. Do you know if someone already have done something?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,509 Views)

Hi,

Can you any one give the link to downlode the trial version of the 3D-MVL tool box for labview from Aqsense.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,969 Views)

Hello,

I have created a simple 3d viewer in Labview based on PCL 3d Visualizer. It is really basic, but a good starting point for further modifications. There is a bulit .dll, and a Labview example.

Check out the link below my signature.

Best regards,
K

P.s.: PCL is awsome 🙂

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,965 Views)