Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Calibrate my Gige Camera

hi Bruce,

I have another Doubt .

i am doing machine vision project .. in ni froum they asked me to use Producer and consumer loop for processing.

in this method i need to grab image continuosly

but i need process like

[move axis(motion control)]  - [ sanp image] - [ pattern match] - [ result] 

Do you have any Design Pattern for this ? 

imga.grab.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,457 Views)

Does the motion control depend on the image results?  Is this a feedback system, or just a processing loop?

If it is a feedback system, you need to process it as fast as possible to get the next move.  In that case, I would do everything in one loop in sequence - read image, process image, move stage.  In that case, you would read the next available image every time through the loop.

If you are trying to process every single image, you could do a producer consumer loop, but it isn't really necessary.  In this case, you want a large image buffer and use the loop index to tell it which buffer to read next.  This way, even if your processing gets a little behind, it can catch up.  Of course, your processing has to be faster than your image acquisition, or you will just get further and further behind and eventually overrun the buffer.

It really depends on the application when you are deciding your acquisition and processing strategy.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,454 Views)

hi Bruce,

You gave a very good information .. thanks ..

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,443 Views)

HI all,

I NEED TO DO 9 POINT CALIBRATION LIKE COGNEX VISION SYSTEM. 

I THINK POINT COORDINATE CALIBRATION IS SAME AS 9 POINT CALIBRATION ,,

I NEED TO DO THIS POINT COORDINATE CALIBRATION USING VI FILE WIHTOUT VISION ASSISTANT . 

SO THAT USER CAN DO CALIBRATION WITHOUT VISION ASSISTANT ,, 

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO ? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,428 Views)

hi Bruce,

i need to do POINT COORDINATES CALIBRATION for camera . (XY TABLE)           

using vi file ... so that user can do Calirbation when ever they wish ... 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,425 Views)