Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get point location data based on a previously established angled coordinate system in vision builder?

I need to measure the position of a point relative to the side of a part.  The part is not in the same position every time, rotationally.  I am able to create an angled coordinate system where one axis is the side of the part, but when I use that coordinate system (check reference coordinate system box and then click on the coordinate system I want to use), the x and y coordinates are not based on the coordinate system I selected, but the screen coordinate system.   I need the x & y coordinates based on the angle coordinate system I referenced.

I have also considered measuring the angle of the part and then rotating the image.  Unfortunately the only way to rotate the image that I can find is in vision assistant and it only allows manual input of the angle you want to use.  It will not allow you to grab the previously measured angle and use it.

Any help on solving this problem would be appreciated.  I only have Vision Builder installed.  I do not have Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,098 Views)

Hello Ponyconvertible,

Have you already checked this article?:

"Working with Rotating and Moving Parts in NI Vision Assistant 8.6"
http://www.ni.com/example/31171/en/

Regards,

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,033 Views)