Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a pause in my inspection so that I can change a setting on my DUT, then resume with the rest of the inspection?

Solved!
Go to solution

New to NI Vision and Labview in general here.

How do I create a pause in my inspection so that I can change a setting on my DUT, then resume testing?  

I want my inspection to run algorithms on two different image acquisitions, hence the pause to change my DUT settings.  I thought the breakpoint was working well when I am in the configuration interface and I run the state, but it seems like when I run the inspection it skips over the breakpoint and continues onto the next inspection step without waiting.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,511 Views)

could you send your vi?
for creating pause the best way is use flat sequence with 3 frame and put one while loop in second frame so until you do not press to make stop the while loop third part will not start 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by VictorHC

Are you running Vision Builder AI on Windows or on a remote target? If you have a remote target, which one?

On Windows, you can use a User Input step located in the last tab of the Vision Builder AI tools palette.

It will let you display a dialog that will pause the inspection until you click on a button.

Message 3 of 4
(3,498 Views)
Hey that sounds right. I already used that function to enter a serial number. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,485 Views)