Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i compare two color images in vision builder for AI?

What i want to do is to compare two images. I have a base color image that represents the desired colors and tones. I have another image to be compared to the base image. What i want to do is to compare this two images to know how close they are regarding contents of color and tones. In other words, i want to know how close is image 2 to image 1 (base sample)....

I would like to know how to get the content of certain colors in an image and then compare this values with the same values from another image.

For example..i have two sheets of paper that contain various mixed colors...i want to know the amount of green, red an blue in each image and then comapre this values.

What i want to do is to compare difer
ent samples of fabrics. this fabrics must be of a specified color...but due to the process they may vary in tone or even color...so i want to compare this fabrics to a amster sample to see how close they are in color and tone..

Anything would help since i dont have experience in this type of comparisons...thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,751 Views)
You're not very specific about your requirements - it sounds like you only need to match overall color - i.e., not matching image content. In that case, you can simply take histograms of image and compare histograms. You might want to do this in HSL space for color matching.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,751 Views)
VBAI allows you to work with grayscale images only. You can acquire an image, use the vision assistant to convert it grayscale by extracting the luminance plane (or any of the other color planes) and then analyze the resulting grayscale image. To do what you are talking about, though, it would really be better to get Vision for labview. You could then take color images, compare color plains, use statistical functions to determine average color values, and so on.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,751 Views)

how to find absolute difference of two grayscale images in NIVBAI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,765 Views)