From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I import a .png image with transparent background into Vision Assistant?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am using the NI Vision Assistant. Here I wanna overlay an existing image with another one. Therefore I use the overlay setup where I can import a .png image. If I do so I do not get 

the transparent background of the image back, even I has been saved with transparency background. The image is shown with an orange background.

If I import the same picture to any frontpanel for example, I see the picture in the right way with a transparent background. What I do wrong? I attached the image which I would like to use.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,003 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Norick_17

Hi! Not sure how to do this in Vision Assistant. Try to use overlay (bitmap) or convert your image to mask. Transparency effect not supported in Vision. What you can do in LabVIEW is something like that:

Snippet.png

screenshot.png
Message 2 of 8
(6,988 Views)

Hi Andrey... this was exactly what I was looking for, even it is not working for the vision assistant I think I can use it.

thanks..!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,985 Views)

Hello,

this is maybe due to the image type you are using. Under the following link you will find additional information about NI-IMAQ Supported File Formats.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4EEF7CB578DCDC5E86256D05000D3AE5?OpenDocument 

Best regards, Stéphane

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,957 Views)

Stephane, 

I tried to save the image in different formats, even with an alpha channel - without success. Do you have an example image which I could try to import in the Vision Assistant?

regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,943 Views)

Norick,

Can you mark andrey's reply as the solution?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,930 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to do something very similar, but I want to overlay I colour image with transparency. This solution only seems to work for greyscale...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,836 Views)
Hello
I am having problem with my QR code scanning using a webcam
This is the actual image that is seen 
I used vision assitant to make the image processing. But still it is not detected.
I took an image and process it in the vision assistant. still the output is not yielded.
Anybody can help
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,130 Views)