Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guppy Camera F-530 (color) displays gray scale in my code

I am using Guppy camera F530 (color), but for some reasons, my Vision code displays it as 8 bit (gray scale).  When I use the code with my web cam, it displays color (32-bit).  Anybody knows what might have been wrong?  Using NI Max, the guppy camera can display color.  The output image type is set to Auto. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,954 Views)
What pixel format do you have the camera configured for?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,937 Views)

Hello,

Can you please attach the code in order to see if we can verify if there is any missconfiguration.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,834 Views)

Rscd27:

Please see attachment for the code.  I just realized that it looks like the issue is that I set it to "AcquisitionAttributes::PixelFormat = "Mono 8"

Do you think that would be the root cause?  If so, could you please suggest what PixelFormat I should have put?  This code was initially generated with Vision Assistant.

Thanks,

Heru

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,788 Views)

Blue cheese:
When I looked at NI Max, it is Format 7: 2588 x 1940 with Pix format: YUV 422
But, when I looked at Guppy's software, it is set to 2588 x `1940 with Pix format: YU411 (instead of YUV 422).  Please see my reply to Rscd27.  Do you think that would be the issue?  Please suggest what pixel format I should have put.
Thanks,
Heru

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,802 Views)

Thanks for your answer Heru. Can you please attach me an screenshot of the configuration on NI-MAX. 

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,793 Views)

@heru.santoso wrote:

Rscd27:

Please see attachment for the code.  I just realized that it looks like the issue is that I set it to "AcquisitionAttributes::PixelFormat = "Mono 8"

Do you think that would be the root cause?  If so, could you please suggest what PixelFormat I should have put?  This code was initially generated with Vision Assistant.

Thanks,

Heru

Yes, this is your issue. It seems like Vision Assistant is generating code that loads all the camera settings from a generated string. This means that the camera configuration when you run this code is stored there rather than the settings you have saved in MAX.

You could do one of two things:

-Re-run Vision Assistant, change the camera settings to what you want (with a color pixel format), and then re-generate the LabVIEW code from those new settings

-Remove the "Read Attributes From String" VI call in the generated code. This will make the camera always use whatever settings you have saved in MAX. This may be more convenient as then you can change settings at any point in MAX, click Save, and then your code will automatically use those new settings. The downside here is that then if you migrate the code to a new system, it will no longer have the camera settings embedded in the code, so you'd need to configure the settings in MAX on the new system.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,779 Views)

I am sorry that I did not see your answer its been a crazy week and yeah if you delete the VI that is reading the settings from the string you should be able to use the settings stored in MAX or in the camera file if are the default ones.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,774 Views)

Thanks guys!  That solves the issues! I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,750 Views)