cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from Vision 8.2 to Vision 2011 issues

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have been updating a VI wrote with Vision8.2 to the 2011 version.  My main issues so far were a number of broken VI's due to different datatypes connected together- use of the "IMAQ image cluster to image datatype" & "IMAQ image datatype to image cluster" sub VI's appeared to solve this problem, and the main program was able to run without errors.

However, when using the "IMAQ select rectangle" part of this VI, no image appears on the screen, so there is no rectangle to select...  This vi is part of a larger main VI with other "IMAQ select rectangle" functions in it, that appear to work ok (An image appears)

I have never used NI Vision before, and have to debug this quite complex VI without really knowing anything about it (i've just had training in LabVIEW the main program) so if anyone has any ideas why an image isn't showing up that would be great.

Attached is the VI and a picture of it

Also there's a sub VI called "ROI select" contained with it so i'll include that as well

Regards,

Dave

VI1.JPG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,884 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author converge

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this enquiry, my name is David and I am an Applications Engineer at National Instruments.

It seems slightly strange that you are using other instances of this VI and they work, this would indicate to me that the reference that the image is receiving is invalid. I have tried to run the VI and created a probe on the input to the IMAQ Select Rectangle VI and noticed that there is no image being inputted. This now implies that the issue is not with the VI itself but the way in which you are creating the IMAQ image. Currently it's hard for me to tell why this might be the case as I do not know what is happening within your DLLs but if I were you I would back track a little and just ensure that the image is being inputted at each point correctly and you are able to see the image on the other side.

I hope this is useful to you.

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
Message 2 of 4
(2,866 Views)

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, after some tracing with the probe I found there was indeed no image being inputted...  I managed to trace it back to a previous VI in the heirarchy and found where the problem was - in all the sub VIs an image enters a call library function node through param 1 & outputs through the return value. In one of the sub VIs it was outputting through the param 1 output so I changed that & it worked as expected.

I'm in the process of updating someone else's code and only have experience with simple VIs to measure temperature/voltage etc so it's taking a long time to go through all 51 sub VIs of this program!

thanks again,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,859 Views)

Hi Dave,

That's great that it worked for you! I hope the rest of the application goes smoothly.

Kind Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,855 Views)