From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresco Logic USB3 Adapter

Different drivers may use different approaches to how they queue buffers and how many they use. MAX uses 10 image buffers and the driver queues them all to the hardware at once for maximum reliability. Given the known issues with the Fresco driver and you finding that a smaller image size works, it is clear this is the issue you are running into.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(2,107 Views)

Yesterday I tried the camera on XP 64bit. The problem was the same on NI MAX. But in Vision Builder the camera worked properly. I keep the camera acquiring + processing images around half an hour, and no error comes out. How a device can work in VBAI while not working in MAX?

I know this adapter has known issues, but knowing this is not a solution to the problem. It is obviously a driver problem yet, if a device does not work properly in MAX but working in VBAI, I think there are also problems with NI software, not only the adapter or driver.

Thank you for your kind helps.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,032 Views)
Likely it is using a different number of buffers by default.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,026 Views)