cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flir T600 via USB

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

We have the Flir T600 camera, the Flir Toolkit (3.3.10) for Labview (2014) and the SDK from Flir. The camera can only be connected via USB. I have also tried to install IMAQ, but I can`t find the tools in Labview, the tools of the Toolkit are there. Do I need IMAQdx or the complete VAS for this camera or is IMAQ enough? How do I get the tools?

I want to get the images or record a video, set mesurement points and read out the data.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,741 Views)

Hey,

I don't understand which tools are missing in LabVIEW.

According to your post, the Flir Toolkit seems to be installed and available in LabVIEW. Which software components are necessary to use the camera? Which information are provide by the manual of the camera/Flir toolkit manufacturer?

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,722 Views)

Yes, the Flir ToolKit is installed and available in Labview. 

According to the manual of the Toolkit, NI-IMAQ and IMAQ Vision are required. So I installed IMAQ, but I can't find any SubVIs or anything in Labview.

I don't exactly know what I need. Is IMAQ enough or do I need IMAQdx? 

The company FLIR ist of no great help...

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,718 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prima2003

Ok, this information brings light into the issue.

The NI-IMAQ driver should appear in LabVIEW in the palett "Vision and Motion". See screenshot.

imaq.png

The latest version of this driver with support for LabVIEW 2014 can be found here:

NI Vision Acquisition Software February 2015 - National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-february-2015/5149/en/

The Vision Acquisition Software provides the NI-IMAQ, the NI-IMAQdx and the NI-IMAQ I/O driver. You can tell the installer to only install NI-IMAQ. It is important to tell the installer to install support for LabVIEW 2014 (the screenshot is from another version of the installer, so don't be confused).

imaq2.png

Can you find not the IMAQ palette in LabVIEW?

Stephan

Message 4 of 5
(4,711 Views)

Thank you! Installing the latest version correctly fixed my problem. I hope it will work now!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,706 Views)