cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewire 1394 camera problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi NI community,

I want to use my guppy camera (FireWire 1394 connection) from allied vision, but I bumped into a connection problem. I use this FireWire card (http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=428618), but according to the installation check this card is installed well.

When I plugged in the camera and started Vision Builder AI 2010 it wouldn't recognize my  camera so I went searching for the problem which I did find at my hardware properties. When I go to the properties of the camera it says 'This device won't start. (Code 10).

I've been looking for a solution, but I'm not a genius when it comes to this. So is there maybe someone who can help me with this problem.

Regards

Ruts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,676 Views)

Scott here with AVT... I see you wrote also to AVT technical support...  there you mentioned generic driver... in fact you need NI driver  please see

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/2977/en/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,670 Views)

Thank you for the fast reply

When I tried to install NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 cameras 2.0.1 I get this message in the installation proces (see attachement). When I saw that I thought it was already installed on this computer, but when I checked my NI MAX (see attachement) I couldn't find it under software. I really thought that my problem was solved in no time with your solutionn but it seems I ran into another problem.

Do you or someone maybe know the answer on this one?

Regards

Ruts

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,661 Views)

I managed to install NI-IMAQ IEEE 1394 after all. The software does show up in my NI-MAX, but the camera still doens't appear in devices and interfaces.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,636 Views)

According to a manuel there should be a direction under the devices and interfaces called "NI IMAQ IEEE 1394 devices" which can be expaned to see my FireWire camera. I can't even see that direction in my NI MAX which you can see in the attachement.

Does anyone know how to solve this

Regards

Ruts

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RutsT

Here's an update after a whole day searching for a solution.

I currently see the my IEEE 1394 PCI card (older card from 2001) which has a OHCI Complaint driver (I guess that's the default driver from windows). I also see the camera under my hardware but it shows with a little error sign which says "Device won't start (Code 10)". I also installed the NI driver which I can see in my NI MAX, but not under hardware at my IEEE 1394 PCI card.

I also discovered that when I had an unibrain driver installed (together with the OHCI complaint driver) my camera simply didn't show up in my hardware.

Do I maybe have to link the NI driver with my IEEE 1394 card (I tried to do this but I didn't succeed)?

In the attachments you find a picture that shows my hardware.

EDIT:

Don't bother the problem is solved. I think it did need some time after deinstalling the unibrain driver to see the cam in NI MAX. For those who have the same problem: Just install the default driver from windows ( OHCI Complaint ) and install the NI IMAQ for IEEE 1394 driver (think my problem was the additional Unibrain driver).

Regards

Ruts

Message 6 of 6
(6,616 Views)