cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File acces denied @ IMAQ Write File 2

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've started a  project using Vision Development Module and I'm stuck in saving some templates to a folder.

I tried many other ' methods' using the same Imaq Write File 2 and all have the same error...

Below it's a basic example. 

Maybe somebody  can provide a correct solutions or give me an idee about what might be wrong.

I'm loosing my mind soon 🙂

PS: I gave Full Control Acces to all users ...

Thanks in advance!

File Access Denied.PNGFullcontrol.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,631 Views)

First a few suggestions

1. Dont use express vis. Just use a grab/snap inside the while loop.

2. If you are trying to save a template that labVIEW can recognise then you should save as png with vision info.

Coming to your issues. What is the file path you are specifying?did you try some other file path? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,602 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

Actually, in the main vi I'm using grab function.

The thing is... i'm using Folder Path instead File Path... If I'm creating a control from  vi's path terminal, it will create a File Path control which needs  : "the complete pathname, including drive, directory, and filename, of the file to write".  But I cannot have  a filename before I get a picture. Maybe there is another vi which has to be  used before, for setting the filename???

Don't worry about "F" drive. I've already tried the other drives and same thing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,580 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author razvancrt

Hello,

use "build path" function to add name to the template. You can do this in numerous ways (as a constant, dynamically, etc...).

An example of using a constant is shown below:

Example_VI_BD.png

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,559 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author razvancrt

Hello,

Thank you!

It's working  with Build Path. Using for  Base Path  a folder and creating the filenames with Prompt User for Input, that's exactly what I want.

Attached, there is a basic example of .vi for saving images using the webcam ( for beginners in vision like me:) ). I converted it for LV 12 .

Thanks  again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,545 Views)