Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA BCGLookup VI

hii

i use cRIO 9068 with labview FPGA 2014

i want to Applies a brightness, contrast, and gamma correction to an image( static image )
in FPGA with IMAQ FPGA BCGLookup VI
but  i can't get the image ,it displays a black image
i modified the cluster of the brightness, contrast, and gamma values.
but still same results (black image)
thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 44
(5,232 Views)

If you use the non-FPGA version of this VI do you get the same result?

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 44
(5,204 Views)

hi

the non-FPGA version ??? what you mean ???

her is pic of my VIs, the problem is the image display from FPGA is black and the histogram is nul

Note : i use picture from my computer , static image not from camera 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 44
(5,199 Views)

There is a non-FPGA implementation of this function that you could run on your RT host to ensure that you're using the function correctly. Once you have known good parameters you could then worry about the FPGA implementation versus trying to make sure that both your FPGA and understanding of that function are correct.

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 44
(5,178 Views)

Take a look at the example located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\examples\Vision FPGA\Image Processing with Vision Assistant on FPGA

It shows you how to do that. Edit the Vision Assistant Express VI, create a new script and insert a brightness step.

Compile your FPGA VI, and it should work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 44
(5,158 Views)

yeah thanks i  solved the problem it is in my image Path , SO know i can read and the image from the FPGA

but now i have another problem with the histogram under fpga it is always null

here is my FPGA vis, i used the vision assistant and the function IMAQ FPGA  histogram but alwayes the same result 

i don't know why if i muset have the mask or no in this function 

i can recover the image from FPGA target but the histogram is null

thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 44
(5,154 Views)

The mask on the FPGA is equivalent to the Region of Interest on Windows. Do you need to compute the histogram of the entire image or only of a specific area?

If you want the histogram of the entire image, you need to use the version without mask. If you are interested in the histogram of only a specific area, you need to use the version with Mask.

Which one are you interested in? Tell me and I'll write a simple example that shows how to retrieve the histogram data.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 44
(5,148 Views)

thanks 

i want to see without masek and why not show me with the masek i want to know how i can used the vision under FPGA

i m not good in this and i want to learn how worked the vision under FPGA to finish my end of study project

thanks again 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 44
(5,145 Views)

OK, I'll do both and will post them probably tomorrow. I would recommend using Vision Assistant to prototype the Vision FPGA algorithm, as it generates all 4-wire synchronization signals for you. If these signals are not wired properly, this can cause problems and not getting the image back on the host VI.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 44
(5,143 Views)

ok thanks a gain 

im happy becausse i want to learn the vision FPGA 

for now i can send and receives the image from host to FPGA with BCGLookup

and i will learn how to do the histogram and the color histogram  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 44
(5,138 Views)