Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLIR sc655 and ThermoVision Labview Toolkit

Hello,

I am having trouble with the FLIR Labview toolkit. I cannot seem to get even thier basic examples to work. I have Windows 7, Labview 11, Thermovision toolkit 3.3.7 (latest version on FLIR website). The error occurs in "ThermoVision open.vi". the error code is -1 which labview says is unknown. Looking deeper the error appears to occur in the sub-vi "ThermoVision CreateActiveXRefnum.vi".

As far as the camera itself I am connected through GigE port. I see the IP address just fine in IP config and I can acquire images in both IR monitor and NI MAX just fine. Something is going wrong it seems wit hte active X control through labview. The ThermoVision SDK runtime is installed which has the active X program so I have no clue what is going on or why I cannot use the FLIR tools to connect to the camera.

Has anyone had thier problem and/or have any insight as to what is wrong?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,288 Views)

Greetings;

While I have not used the ThermoVision toolkit, I have taken a quick look at their manual and have a few questions; would you happen to know if the toolkit's version is compatible with that version of LabVIEW? In addition, is there any order requirement for the installation as well as any driver that is required other than Vision Acquisition?

I have done a bit of research and come across a few topics in our forum that also deal with this particular toolkit; the last link has been particularly longstanding and a user seems to have worked with it extensively:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/FLIR-A320-infrared-camera-Labview-Developer-Kit-feedback/td-p...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/How-to-build-an-application-in-LabVIEW-10-including-FLIR/td-p...

Ultimately, since NI-MAX works correctly, would it be possible to test the camera in LabVIEW without using the toolkit's VIs? The camera seems to be fully GigE Compliant which means that you should be able to reach it with IMAQdx VIs. If the camera does indeed work in LabVIEW correctly, it might be worhtwhile to reach to the developpers of the Toolkit to see if they have any insight on the matter.

Cordially;

Simon P.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,273 Views)

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply. I was able to solve the problem. I will describe it here in case anyone else runs into the same thing. When the Labview tools are installed there is an Thermovision SDK runtime which contains the active X controls that also installs. The version of the SDK that downloads with the latest Thermovision Labview Toolkit is NOT the latest version of the SDK. Once I downloaded the latest version the the Labview tools work just fine.  

Message 3 of 5
(6,262 Views)

I am having the same issues.  Can you tell me what version of the SDK you installed?  Also, what version of the Thermovision toolkit did you develop with and does that make a difference?

To summarize, everything works fine on the development computer but when we deploy the Active X component always throws an error.  I have the SDK runtime installed but want to check which version.

John

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,516 Views)

Hello Jon,

Please note that Mike has made only two posts (both on this thread) and those were from 2012, so I think he will likely not answer. I would recommend you to create a new post with your issue (you can of course make a reference to this one) so it will be easier to track  and will probably be more active.

Also, have you tried to get in contact with FLIR's technical support? I can bet they should be able to help you with the software if you are unable to find someone in the community who is familliar with it.

Maybe you can also find some answers in previous posts from the forums, you can see the latest posts related to the toolkit on the link below, but you can braoaden your search if you can't find anything there.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=FLIR+thermovision+toolkit&search_type=thread...

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,491 Views)