From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLIR IR Camera thermovision deploy issues

I am having issues with deploying an application with the FLIR Thermovision toolkit.  The execuatble works fine on the development machine but with the deploy machine I get the following error:

Active X error.png

I can verify that the SDK runtime is installed and the OCX is registered in the registry but still no luck.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  I found this post:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/How-to-build-an-application-in-LabVIEW-10-including-FLIR/m-p/...

but have not found a solution

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,686 Views)

The way you are describing your issue and seeing that the error is occuring from Open VI Reference and the fact that you ar seeing it on the depoyment system but not the development system, I have a feeling it's not reading the right path. Have a look at the following:

Why Does My Executable Not Work When Using the Current VI's Path Constant?

This is just my hunch, I could be totally wrong.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,661 Views)

I ran into a similar problem recently...and it did turn out to be a problem where a file wasn't located where it needed to be.

exhibitA.jpg

I solved it by including the file itself in my project, not just as a dependancy, and making sure it's included in the build spec. (Under Source Files, I set this file to be 'always included')

(edit: you'll also want to go into "Source File Settings" and make sure this file has your .exe listed as its destination)

.user.lib\ThermoVision\ThermoVision.llb\ThermoVision CamCtrl.vit    <-- file in question

You have likely already figured this out, I just wanted to include it here in case anyone comes across this thread in the future.

Message 3 of 5
(5,449 Views)

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,432 Views)

I know this is an old post but I thought I would check here to see if anyone can help. I am seeing the same error and behavior as described in your post except I am not building an application. I am just trying to run the VI on the development machine but I am still seeing the same errors.

I have also created my own topic for this:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Thermovision-Toolkit-Example-Error/m-p/4145615

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,642 Views)