Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLIR A320 infrared camera Labview Developer Kit feedback

Thanks, I sorted it out. the cam gives me a temp value number and I can give it to the DAQ AO as input. But now I have a problem with the continuous image signal from the camera. the thermovisiongetimage.vi function captures only single image. I want function which will capture the continous image. Do you know anythin abt that. I am trying to measure the point temp values from a continuous image. I got an example program in the thermovision for it, but it does not give the point temp value of the continuous image rather it gives only for a single frame grabbed. Can you suggest me.

Thanks

Niyaz

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(1,419 Views)

Hi Joseph,

I am trying to get the point temperature value from the FLIR camera in labview. The FLIR camera vi functions are so errornous. So I planned to use the IMAQdx functions to get the image and calibrate the temperature value of the image. Can you help me how to get the temp value from the image using IMAQ cos I got the image grabbing from that I need to find the temperature values on the image. Fast reply will be helpful. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(1,416 Views)

I'd thought would post some information on the FLIR Thermovision LabVIEW toolkit as I have used it alot in numerous applications with great success.

The main issue is getting temperature data from the image, which is not directly possible via IMAQ. I have done this using the Thermovision toolkit and converting the image to an array of temperature. As the FLIR cameras are low resolution, the arrays are not large datasets.

Here is a snippet using the FLIR Thermovision toolkit to convert extract the 'image' as array and convert to Deg. C.

FLIR Image to temp image.png

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(1,060 Views)