Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLIR A2600SC IR camera connection problems with NI-Vision - error code 0xBFF69011

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, hopefully someone can help me out with a connection problem I’m having with a FLIR A2600SC IR camera:

The camera is detected by NI-IMAQdx in MAX but when clicking on the camera (to browse) it just comes back with error code 0xBFF69011 “Unable to get attribute”. Reading through the Forums, there is a file: “SC2600_1_0_0_8FC7DBB4.xml” which tells MAX what attributes to ask for but the files has quite a few lines and trying to figure out which line is causing the problem seems to be a daunting task.

I used the Camera Validator Utility that ships with NI-IMAQdx and it detects the camera just fine but it also comes back with an error: 0xBFF69012 “Attribute value is out of range”. These two errors lead me to believe that I need an updated (xml) file for this camera. Any ideas of where I might get it?

All FLIR drivers and software packages are installed and their software works just fine with no issues.  LabVIEW and NI-Vision software are updated to the latest available and are running on a Win7 (x64) machine.

Any help or comments will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,731 Views)

Opus20,

When MAX opens it loads all attributes in the camera file, as does the camera validator. LabVIEW only calls the attributes as they are needed so there’s a good chance that the attribute that is tripping you up in MAX may not be used in your application. Can you run a simple Snap or Grab example in LabVIEW?
I’ve searched and haven’t found an updated file. Flir may be able to provide you with one.

Blake C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
Message 2 of 9
(5,718 Views)

Blake C,.

Thank you for the response. MAX will not let me do a Snap or a Grab; after MAX gives me the fail code, none of the functions are available. None of the examples will work because camera will not initialize due to fail (cannot get attributes). Will pursue the issue with FLIR as well.

Daunting task but need to find which attribute(s) is/are causing the issues and commented it/them out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Opus20

Blake C.,

It seems that your answer pointed me in the right direction and solved the problem. Thank you for that.

Here is the fix:

The attribute in the XML file causing the problem was: <pFeature>MfgVERegData</pFeature>; commented out the line (<!-- line -->) and MAX was able to complete but could not grab or snap any images. Kept coming back with an error: 0xBFF69031 "The system did not receive a test packet from the camera".

To resolve that issue, had to find where the "PacketSize" value was located within the "Configure Aquisition Settings" parameters in MAX and change it from the default value of 8000 to a multiple of 32 (as recommended by ExaminIR software ). Changed value to 1408 after some testing where I was not getting any "dropped packets" or "request to resend" during continuous image capture.

When using "Vision Acquisition" vi, same issue came up but a quick change of the packet size from the default (8000) to the ideal number (1408) for my lab setup, had everything working as advertised.

Again thank you for the help!

Message 4 of 9
(5,702 Views)

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue. I have error 0xBFF69011 when I'll try to open connection between LV and my USB Video Grabber. I can not find where  "PacketSize" value is located. Somebody can help me ?

I have LV 2014 and VAS 2015.

Please help 😕

Dawid

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,204 Views)

I did cameravalidator test and results was pass. What Should I do next ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,195 Views)

Kozby,

The "PacketSize" value is located in the "devicename.xml" file that MAX loads up when initializing the device. Search in "c:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\Assistants\"USB device name"; normally it has the same name as displayed in the device tree under MAX. Use an xml editor or NotePad++ when changing values in the file; XML syntax applies.

When MAX detected your USB device and loaded it, it created a folder for the device in its directory, and saved all the necessary files needed to access said device. So, look at all the xml files in that folder and one of them will have the parameters.

The way I figured out which parameter was causing the issue, was by comenting out the configuration parameter that I tought most likely to be the culprit and running the device to see if the problem went away. Once I pinpointed the offending parameter then continued by changing its value until I got the device to work properly. For me the "PacketSize" was the culprit because it was set to a size not allowed by the IR camera. MAX was expecting/requesting a packet size (video grab) bigger than what the camera could grab/send and MAX or the IR camera was erroring out. Also, look at the documentation for your device and find the packet size it send during TCP/IP communications (for my IR camera it was 1408).

Make sure to use xml syntax. To comment out a line in an xml file use "<!--  "parameter data"  -->" where "parameter data" is the line you are commenting out.

Best regards,

Opus20

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,148 Views)

I checked localization:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MAX\Assistants\

and

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\Assistants

because I have 32 bit LV version on my 64 bit Win 7 and I do not heve any .XML files in these locations. Is it .XML files ?. Maybe I should search deeper...

I need install analog camera for my robot instead of phone camera, because I have big delays at present

Below link to video (sorry for Polish language):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q465XtlR1BM 

Regards

Kozby

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,134 Views)

I see, it is not easy topic.. I`ll be try with another grabber and maybe digital wireless ip camera...

Thanks for advice..

Kozby

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,064 Views)