Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLIR 16 bit image

I am using LabVIEW to acquire images from FLIR A40 camera for feature extraction.

Initially i saved some images in JPEG format acquired from the ThermaCAM Researcher Pro 2.9 and then read them in  LabVIEW and processed them by extracting the colour spaces (R-G-B) and also converting to other colour space YCbCr.

The image i get in LabVIEW directly from the camera is grayscale (16 bit, signed). Is there a way the image can be converted to the like obtained in Researcher, so as to get the various colour spaces?

Thank you

D

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,069 Views)

Hi,

First, keep in mind that thermal cameras only produces grayscale images. The colours you have on jpeg are false colors. Always save in png format wich is able to support 16bit images. JPEG cannot save 16bit images.

Then in LabVIEW, you can apply false colors palette, just left clic on your image control, and select Rainbow or Temperature in the Palette Menu.

The FLIR color palette is not avaliable in LabVIEW, but you can also use a custom palette, just search for iron palette.

Regards

FLIR.png

Message 2 of 4
(5,041 Views)

Now that I can view them in this way can I save them?  I would like to be able to email the images with the color palette visible in Windows instead of grey scale.  

Thank you,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,384 Views)
This is what you might be looking for: Why Can I Not Save an I16 Image With an IMAQ Palette (Temperature, Binary, etc...)?http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1E2B138843AF58D9862579D4006E373A
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,372 Views)