Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending the evaluation license asks for current activation code. Where is it?

I am attempting to extend the evaluation period for the Vision Acquisition Software. I have obtained an activation code from NI.com to manually enter and extend the evaluation period.  When I access the activation wizard through the NI License manager and select the option to manually enter the activation code, the next step asks for the current activation code.  How do I find out the current activation code so that I can advance to the step for entering the new activation code?  

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 1 of 5
(5,179 Views)

I am not involved with the practice of extending evaluation licenses. However, if you directly received that code from NI, I would recommend to contact your local NI representative.

Message 2 of 5
(5,175 Views)

where is evaluation wizard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,751 Views)

Hi Elliot,

I believe you may be miss-interpreting the original post. The original poster had obtained an evaluation extension from NI, and was using the Activation Wizard to continue his evaluation. There is no evaluation wizard. Typically, I would recommend being a little more thorough with you questions on the forums so that we may be better equipped to help you. What are you looking for, and why? for example.

Additionally, we typically recommend that you do not post on older posts (~1 year or older) so that your question can get the most visibility.

Regards,

Sam K

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,737 Views)

Hey Elliot,

I wanted to add some clarification to my last post. There actually is infact an Evaluation Wizard, that should appear when you open an unactivated product. However, this is no way to explicitly open this program outside of opening an unactivated product. If you are unable to access the Evaluation Wizard, you can use the Activation Wizard instead. To access this you can open up the NI License Manager (from your start menu) and right click your product and select 'activate' - you will need an evaluation extension code to use this however

Extending the Evaluation Period of a Product

Regards,

Sam K

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,735 Views)