Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet connection problem with CVS 1458RT

Hi,

I have a problem connecting the CVS 1458RT on some computer, router and switches.

I'm talking about the eth0 primary port 10/100/1000.

So far, the CVS doesn't connect with my a Lynksys wrt54g, computer port of compact presario cq56, N-Tron 105 switches. (all 10/100 only)

So far, the CVS is working with the LAN port of my Lenovo M91P, M92P, newer DLINK DIR-655, old LAN GigE port of my GA 965P-DS3 motherboard. (all gigE)

When it doesn't work, the CVS ethernet lights will blink at startup and will then stop blinking. The ethernet port is not waking up when disconnecting or connecting cable to the "not working list" but will wake up when connecting cable to the "working list" .

The CVS 1458RT should connect to all of them right? The firmware is 2.5f1

Thank you,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,493 Views)
It certainly should connect. The primary port of the CVS 1458RT is a slightly different Intel chipset than the ones used for the cameras and uses a different OS driver, I believe. If you plug those non-working devices into the other two ports, I'm guessing they work correctly? Could you also try forcing one of the working devices to 100Mbit mode and see if they still connect to the primary port of the 1458?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,475 Views)

All what you said is true.

If you plug those non-working devices into the other two ports, I'm guessing they work correctly? correct they work.

Could you also try forcing one of the working devices to 100Mbit mode and see if they still connect to the primary port of the 1458?

As soon as I force those port to 10/100, same symptoms. It doesn't work.

Let me know for updates please.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,453 Views)
We'll see if we can reproduce this here and investigate. Stay tuned for updates.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,436 Views)

I reproduced your setup with a CVS-1458RT with 2.5.0f1 firmware and connected it to a WRT54G v.6 router. I could not reproduce any problems with the 100 MBit connection. I also have an Intel NIC that I forced to 100 Mbit and that seemed to work fine as well with the CVS-1458RT primary port.

If you interrupt the boot process by hitting Delete key during boot to go to the BIOS screen on the CVS-1458RT, then connect a cable between the primary Ethernet port and 100 Mbit port, do the lights on the Ethernet port stay lit green? If they don't then that would suggest it's a hardware issue and not related to the firmware or software version running on the target.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,345 Views)

I tried what you said and the lights are staying green in the boot setup.

The CVS is loaner, I will send it back to NI this week if you want to test it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,337 Views)

It sounds like maybe the ports work in 100 Mbit when the OS is not running. Were you seeing the problem in safe mode or run mode, or both? If you're seeing it in run mode (i.e., when software is installed to the target) then I'd like to know what software versions you are using (LabVIEW, Real Time, and Vision Acquisition).

It would also be nice to know what kernel version you are running. You can determine this by logging into the target and typing the command "uname -r".

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,317 Views)

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable? It is possible that one of the pairs is miswired and doesn't work at 10/100Mbit because of that. Some  NICs can seamlessly correct for cable wiring issues (polarity reversal, etc) but I'm not sure if they can do it for non-gigabit connections.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,311 Views)

I was running version : 3.10.31-ltsi-rt29-2.0.0f0 and Labview was v14.0f1

I formated the CVS before returning it to NI and it is now working... It is something to do with a software I installed but I can't say more...

Thanks for helping me. I will receive a new CVS soon so if I have the same problem, I will post here.

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,295 Views)