Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error calling from VB from TestStand

Attempting to call a Vision Builder Test from TestStand.(both 2014 version, 32bit)    The First Step- "Connect to Target", keeps failing and returns the following error:

Error executing substep 'Post'.
An error occurred calling 'ExecuteStep' in '_NIVBAITestStandSteps' of 'NIVBAITestStandAPI'
ActiveX component can't create object
Source: NIVBAITestStandAPI

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,381 Views)

Hello Svacek,

Does it happen the same if you call a very very simple VBAI test (instead of a complex application) from TestStand?

Regards,

>>Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,360 Views)

yes.  Even if "connect to target" is the only step in the TestStand sequence, I get this error.Based on NI documentation, to call any VB test, I have to first establish a connection in TS.  

I was able to find just 1 other thread related to this issue.  There was no solution listed in the thread.  However, one member did mention they were able to recreate this issue by selecting an incorrect version of VB in the "connect to target" step configuration.   Considering that comment, that could possibly be my issue since the most recent version I am able to select is 3.6...I'm using VBAI 2014.  Waiting on a call from NI at the moment and will be sure to post any info when available.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,354 Views)

I would also recommend testing the Test Stand example. It's located under Vision Builder AI\API Examples folder.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,349 Views)

In the process of tryig the example.  Thanks.   It's asking me to specify the file path for the step VI' s.  I cant find them anywhere.

Additionally, it appears the example is calling LabView to run particular steps of the inspection process.  We werrs old this software with the assurance that we could call VBAI directly from TestStand; "calling Labview would not be necessary".   

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,344 Views)

I am not that familiar with Test Stand, but VBAI also has a C and dotNET API so if Test Stand can call C or dotNET than that should work also. Make sure the C/dotNET shipping examples work for VBAI (same folder I mentioned earlier) and then you can see what functions they call and call the same ones from Test Stand.

Hope that helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,339 Views)

Have tried thin on a secnd laoptop with the same results.   Something interesting I noticed...Prior to installing the VBAITestStandAPI, there was an API folder in the VB directory.  However, since installing the API, the API folder is no longer in the directory.  It seems to have been replaced with API Examples folder.   Does this seem correct?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,322 Views)