cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074397153 occurred at IMAQ Get Buffer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I seem to be having a problem with my Sony XC-EI50 camera.  I'm using the 1410 card and am trying to externally trigger it to grab one frame (using FPGA, which isn't really relevant here).  I have the DC-700 camera adaptor, so the trigger signal is connected to the TRIG BNC input.  The camera's DIP switches are configured so that only the 7th and 8th switches are ON, while the others are OFF.  The Video 1 Output is connected to the framegrabber, and the image is acquired via channel 1.

The camera's grab and snap features are working perfectly in MAX, but I can't seem to use the Sony XC-EI50 icd file, which might be causing the problem.  I get an error message when trying to load it, so I use the RS-170 file instead.

Attached is a simple .vi I wrote just to get the camera to work.  I run it and send a trigger before the "get buffer vi" times out.  I then get a "Error -1074397153 occurred at IMAQ Get Buffer.vi 

Possible reason(s):
NI-IMAQ:  Cannot detect recognizable video source.

Possible reason(s): NI-IMAQ:  Cannot detect recognizable video source" message.

I would love to get your opinion on this, as I've already tried all of the relevant solutions I could find in this forum.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(4,404 Views)

I am still stuck with lv 8.0. So can you try increasing the timeout?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(4,396 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried that, but it has nothing to do with the timeout.  The error appears exactly when the camera is triggered, which is before the vi times out.

I think the image which is acquired (for some reason) does not seem like a good one to the vi...  even though the images I obtain on MAX look quite good.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(4,393 Views)

No compulsion but can you post a screen shot of your vi?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(4,390 Views)

Thanks again.

Attached is a screenshot of the vi I'm using just to test a simple one-shot acquisition.  The timeout is set to 10 seconds, just so I could have enough time to manually trigger the camera, but just as I push the trigger button (sending a TTL), the "get buffer" vi returns an error (see above).

In addition, I'm sure I have the right channel set, because it's the same one I acquire images through MAX, and when I play around with it the program errors at the first frame of the sequence (before even reaching "get buffer").

I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(4,366 Views)

Are you sure that you are entering the proper interface name?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,362 Views)

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem there...  img0 is the same name I see on MAX...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(4,360 Views)

Hi Orel,

There can be a lot of different sources for this error, usually which point to the power supply for the camera, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Are you initializing the image buffer with the proper data type?  If this doesn't work, some other suggestions are given in this KnowledgeBase article: Error Codes with NI IMAQ

Feel free to post back if those suggestions don't work.

Cheers,

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,312 Views)

Thanks for your reply, Marti.

I don't think I quite understand your question...  Are you referring to the interface name?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,303 Views)

Hi.

I've tried everything relevant in the link you sent me, and still no luck...

I've also discovered that if I delete the "configure trigger vi" and just run the program, it manages to capture a frame (without timing, of course, since the camera is not activated by a trigger) and the image is displayed on the front panel, but the "save to png" vi still claims that there's no image to save.

Strange...

Any thoughts?  Maybe this is a trigger problem and not a camera configuration problem...?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,284 Views)