Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074395628 IMAQ Learn Multiple Geometric Patterns

Hello,

learn/create three different templates (the same way you already did for a single template).

When matching just loop through the template array using a for loop (see the attached example).

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(3,375 Views)

Hello,

First of all, I would like to Thank You Smiley Happy  for giving me such a quick and favorable replies. I succeed in making a VI using one template ,that can match one or more nuts which I place in front of my camera.

Now My next aim is "object sorting" . In that ,I have to sort nuts of a particular size ,If I place nuts of different size and shape and other objects in front of my camera.

Please give me suggestions to move forward in this task.

final front panel.png

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(3,316 Views)

Hello,

if you select 'scale' under the match options, what do you observe under the scale output after the objects are detected? Do you notice any significant difference between the smaller and larger parts? Could your sorting be based on this? 

You could also measure the distance(s) from the center of each match to the outer (inner?) edge of the nut.

Or, with proper lighting you could fit circle to the nut (Hough transform for example). 

There are other possibilities

The most important thing is to enforce some constraints - no algorithm is perfect and therefore will not be efficient in all scenarios. So you need to establish a good measuring setup to enhance those features you want to base your measurements upon.

Also, do you think the distortion correction would benefit your measurements? I would first correct the nonlinear distortion (depends on your lense errors) and also use plane to plane hompography to correct the perspective distortion. After each new setup, this would take you only a couple of minutes to recalibrate. 

Best regards,

K

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(3,304 Views)

Hello , 

I have to match multilple geometric pattern which includes nut, bolt, clamp, washer and plate . I  made  their templates in feature based geometric matching using NI Template editor  . I also made a VI related to it by the help of " Match Multiple Geometric Pattern.vi"  which is in examples of LabVIEW 2012. 

But the problem is- it doesnot shows any respected matches . I am attaching my templates and respected vi.

Please suggest me valuable solutions regarding the same.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(3,222 Views)

It throws me error when i run your VI.Can you share your template?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(806 Views)