From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-1074360293 occured at IMAQdz GetImage.vi

At first, my Labview program acquired 1-5 images and then this error message would pop:

Error-1074360293 occured at IMAQdz GetImage.vi

Possible reasons(s):

NI-IMAQ-dx: (Hex 0xBFF6901B) Time Out

After reading a bit about that error on the forum, I turned down my firewall. Now it goes much better, but the error message still appears from time to time (every 10-200 images depending of the time).

Would someone have an idea to help?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,108 Views)

Since you mention the firewall, I am going to assume that you are using a GigE camera.

1. If you are using a network adapter that supports Jumbo Packets, you will need to access the advanced properties tab of the adapter, and turn on Jumbo Packet support.

2. If you do not have a network adapter that supports Jumbo Packets, you will need to configure the camera in MAX to use a packet size <= 1024.  8000 is the default.

3. If you want to not turn off your firewall, and if the camera suports it, you can enable Firewall Traversal.  You will need to click on "SHOW ALL ATTRIBUTES" in the Attributes tab, and look under the GeniCAM section.

4. Make sure that any devices between your PC and your camera support jumbo packets as well (routers, switches, etc.)

5. It would be best to use a CAT6 cable directly between the PC and the camera.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,102 Views)

Good morning, 

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes I am using a GigE camera. I dont know a lot about jumbo packets so I have few more questions:

1. When I go to device manager, in network adapters, in Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet, in properties, I have Jumbo Mtu property (not Jumbo Packet support). It is currently set to 1500. Should I change it?

2. If it means that my network adapter does not support Jumbo Packets, how can I configure the camera to use packet size <= 1024? The program I use for camera properties doesnt seem to offer that option...

3. If I want to enable Firewall Traversal, where can I find the Attributs tab? I dont find such a tab in my firwall (i am using zonealarm)

4. My computer is directly linked to the camera so I suppose there will be no problem of any device not supporting jumbo packets

5. For the moment I use a CAT5 cable but I will try to find a CAT6 cable

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,053 Views)

Update: I tried changing Jumbo Mtu from 1500 to 9000 and then I tested with the camera. About 700 images were acquired without problem when the error message poped again. I will try to change the value of Jumbo Mtu to see if it can get bettter.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,040 Views)

Hello again,

After a lot of tests and over 5000 images acquired without problem, it seems to work! Here are the parameters I used:

- Network adapter: Jumbo Mtu = 9000

- Camera, via Max: Packetsize = 8000 bytes

Thank you very much!

I still did not succeed to enable Firewall Traversal, if I could do it it would be even better. Can you help me with this last thing please?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,014 Views)
not all cameras offer support for this feature. If it is present, you will need to access it using measurement automation Explorer. There, you will need to show all attributes of the camera. By default Max only shows basic, so you have to change the song in the dropdown.
Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
Message 6 of 7
(7,009 Views)

It helps me, thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,652 Views)