Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing USB Camera Image Resolution in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

I have noted the same problem with changing the resolution through Vision Acquisition Express VI.

I am using a Logitech 910 USB camera. Using NI MAX I can change the resolution, also from inside the Express VI I can change it and show it, but when I exit and run the program it will still only record the maximum image size, which is too big for me.

I solved it by converting the Express VI to a regular VI. Then went into the beginning of the VI and used Enumerate Video Modes to check which number you want. I used 17 for 640 x 480 RGB24. Then create a Property node: Video Mode for the Image Session, change to write and assign the constant 17 to it. Then it worked.

I suspect there must be a bug somewhere in the Vision Acquisition Express VI or more likely in one of its subVIs.

See also topic: How to adjust the resolution in a VI (NI-IMAQdx) ?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(920 Views)

Hi BlueChees,

We have a labview 7.1 in our lab and we are recording a video using labview. I have the same problem as Brad used to deal with, that is I would like to increase the resolution of my video from 648*40 pixels to 648*400 pixels. But, looking at IMAQ, I can not seem to see any possiblity of adjustments for video resolution. Since I'm working with a 2005 version of Labview there is no IMAQdx installed in my system. Do you think IMAQdx would be compatible with my Labview7.1 or Labview8? I'm a beginner in Labview programming... any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hadi

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(883 Views)

Hello,

IMAQdx is version compatable. If you have IMAQdx for LabVIEW 7.1, it will likely work with 8. This KB provides a very useful version compatability chart: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DB928F6D5E9D6B97862579A7006B2850

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(860 Views)