Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge Based Technique in LabVIEW

Hello. I need some help, I want to do obstacle avoidance using myRIO, USB Camera (in the future myRIO will be placed on a robot). I found some alghoritms: 

http://www.roborealm.com/tutorial/Obstacle_Avoidance/slide010.php  and I want to do the first one, Edge Based Technique, I succeeded to do Canny Edged Detection, but I am stuck at Filled From Below because I don't know how to do this in LabVIEW. Can somebody help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,078 Views)
there is no Filled From Below for edge directly but you can create Filled From Below algorithm in labview by your self . because it use Erode and labview have erode function
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,065 Views)

o.k., then can you help me with some informations about this? because I never done something like this before

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,050 Views)
OK
there is many method for make edge image
every years many new method introduce for this reason
first find what algorithm do on your image
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,040 Views)

I want an alghoritm example which does this. Can somebody help me? i am trying to fill from above the image like in description

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,975 Views)

Hi DC20,

Are you using the NI Vision Assistant or the IMAQ VIs in LabVIEW?  If you aren't already, I recommend trying the Vision Assistant because you can apply functions and operations to an image and see the results immediately, so if you are developing an algorithm you can see the results as you go.  That said, you may want to look at the Threshold function intitially, and go from there.

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,953 Views)