Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted Camera Output

I'm not sure what to do.  The controls must be a little different for GigE cameras, because I haven't had any problems changing them for other types of cameras.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 45
(2,854 Views)

Actually I tried to change that area option at my laptop's integrated webcam not GigE camera.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 45
(2,852 Views)

So the problem is with the laptop camera, not the GigE camera?  Why post the MAX screenshot of the GigE camera?  Or if the problem is with the GigE camera, why try a solution with the laptop camera that works???

Make sure you are clear about which camera you are having problems with, and try the solutions with that camera.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 45
(2,848 Views)
One issue is that it looks like in MAX you are opening the Basler Genicam source (a Directshow driver provided by Pylon) rather than the camera directly (right above it).
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 45
(2,845 Views)

@BruceAmmons

I don't have chance to access GigE camera after I posted my first question at topic. Because it's in laboratory when I saw your answer after I came to home so I tried do it with my laptop camera to if it works in laptop camera.

@BlueCheese

When I tried use other source(second option at first screenshot of my first post) of camera(I think it's ethernet) after waiting some moment I get  "IMAQdx Timeout Error 0xBFF6901B"

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 45
(2,839 Views)

can you dissconnect the other cameras temporarily and try using this camera alone?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 45
(2,821 Views)

Can I disconnect my integrated webcam on laptop?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 45
(2,818 Views)

In addition my output images are not distorted when I seperately tested them in NI MAX, NI Vision Assitant, NI Vision Builder.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 45
(2,803 Views)

When I tested my cam at Vision Acquisition SubVI's properties section it works great(Attachment 1) but when I run VI output is still distorted(Attachment 2). Is not there anyone who experienced and dealt with same problem or I am the only person who experienced this? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 45
(2,787 Views)

Hi Butterworth,

Have you tried some of our example code? To get to the example code go to Help>> Find Examples in LabVIEW. In the following window navigate to Hardware Input and Output>>Vision Acquisition>>NI-IMAQdx>>High-Level>>Snap.vi. If this still doesn't work I would recommend going to the example located at Hardware Input and Output>>Vision Acquisition>>NI-IMAQdx>>High-Level>>Grab and Attributes Setup.vi. Make sure that the attributes in this vi match with your settings in MAX. Also is your GigE camera connected directly to your computer?

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 45
(2,759 Views)