Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance Measurement in a greyscale image

Hello,

our test bench (x-ray system) creats multiple greayscale images to capture the movement of a component in our product. In the end we want to measure the distance covered of the component with these taken images. At the beginning the user chooses the starting point and the region of interest (ROI). Is there any option to evaluate the images to measure this distance with LabVIEW?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Norbert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,053 Views)

Hi Norbert,

how do you acquire the images? Is LabVIEW used for this as well? Or do you try to pass the images to LabVIEW?

Wich Version of LabVIEW and the Vision Development Module Module are you using?

So to get your question right, you try to measure the distance the component moved over the pictures?

Best wishes

Tenshinhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,033 Views)

Hey Tenshihan,

you're right, I try to measure the distance the componente moved over the pictures. But a company executes the x-ray measurements, so I don't know which version they are using. The x-ray unit takes the pictures and distance analysis is taken by LabVIEW, so the images are passed to LabVIEW.

I wanted to get a better understanding on how they are measuring the distance (on the basis of what). At this moment I don't get the information by the company.

It would be a great help to know the possible function of LabVIEW for this image evaluation.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,026 Views)

Normally you would identify the component on the first picture and identify the left edge of it.

On the last picture you can do the same and then substract the first edge from this second measurement to get the full distance the components left edge has moved.

If you know what distance in mm one pixel is you can calculate the real distance out of this.

Is this what you wanted to know?

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,024 Views)