From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA Error in Acquisition of Image from 1473R

Hiii...

I am using Frame Grabber NI PCIe-1473R to acquire images from a dragster camera over CamLink interface. I am using “1-Tap 10-Bit Camera with Frame Trigger” example code to acquire images. When I am running the above example code to acquire the images sometimes I am getting blurred images & most of the times I am getting timeout error for DMA FIFO. I have not made any changes in the code.

I am attaching the snapshots of errors & the camera file (for Awaiba Dragster 2x 2k_9_8_14). Please have a look on the scenario & suggest changes to acquire the images properly.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,831 Views)

Please suggest me any document or tutorial for programming & configuration of other paramters of NI PCIe-1473R

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,829 Views)

Glad to see there is also someone else who bought the 1473R

I am using it to get pictures out of a optronic CL600 camlink camera.  In labview 2014. At 10Tap 8 bits.

I started out from one of the 4 examples provided for FPGA frame grabbers. You can have the newest 23MB zipped version of my project folder. I hope it helps.

If you get fifo timeout it can be because: 

• you are not reading out the fifo fast enough,
  • the FIFO  is not deep enough on the FPGA side of the DMA channel
  • the FIFO is not deep enough on the HOST side of the DMA channel. You can set the max number of elements in that part of the FIFO with a property node to an extreme value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,703 Views)

Hi,

My problem is solved..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,685 Views)