From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom tools/menu bar VBAI

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to find a way to customize the toolbar/menu bar for a Vision Builder AI.  It seems that the Run Inspection and Stop Insepction buttons cannot be hidden/disabled or password protected from the operator.  Does anyone know of a way to control these items?

I am aware that the VBAI can use a custom interface developed in a LabVIEW VI but it seems to me that the Run/Stop buttons will still appear unless a property for these can be acessed.

How can a developer prevent accidental stopping of a machine vision inpsection if the Stop button is always enabled?

Thank you
Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,118 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbes

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable these buttons from Vision Builder AI. That is good feedback.

You are correct: even using a Custom User Interface, VBAI will display these buttons and they will be enabled.

The only solution to this issue right now, is instead of using Vision Builder as the main executable for the application, Creating the Custom UI in LabVIEW and use the VBAI API to open/run the inspection. You'll be able to program in LabVIEW user access capabilities and only enable the features that you want to give access to the operator on your UI.

The developer will still be able to modify the inspection using Vision Builder AI.

We are aware of the lack of UAC in VBAI.

Example of how to use the VBAI API can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision Builder AI 2014\API Examples

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,110 Views)

Thank you for the feedback.  I was afraid this was the case.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,106 Views)