Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom interface for a simple machine vision

Hello evryone.

I want to create a simple machine vision using labview, I want to offer a graphical user interface wich include two tabs as described in the attachement.

I know that Labview include a module called "NI vision builder" that offer vision tools. i can with theses tools for exemple, light up a LED if the pattern in front of camera match the pattern of reference that i can choose in the NI vision builder interface.

My problem is that the choice of the reference pattern is done on the interface offerd by "NI Vision builder". This is not what i want to do. my goal is to enable the user to choose a reference pattern in the a TAB(TAB2) of my own interface that i will create.

My question is: Does the "NI vision builder" offer tools than can enable me to create my application ?

if it does, can i add some parameters to my interface as selecting an area from the reference image to be used as a reference pattern ??? (look plz at the Figure 2 in the attachement to better understand my request)

If it doesn't, guide me plz to something wich can help me to create this application !!

Thnkyou for reading my request. And i will be greatfule for your anwsers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,417 Views)

Vision Builder AI doesn't currently support having a dynamic template for Pattern Matching, but you could use a Run LabVIEW step to do this. You can also get the ROI drawn by the user on the Custom UI using a property node in the block diagram and an ROI indicator that could be used by the Run LV step to learn a new template.

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 2 of 2
(2,381 Views)