From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash with Matrox mvBlueFox camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to interface with a Matrox mvBlueFox camera.  This is a USB 2.0 camera, and the driver supports a DirectShow interface which means that it should be usable with IMAQdx.  I've downloaded the latest version of the Matrox driver and registered the DirectShow interface per their instructions.  The camera now shows up as an NI-IMAQdx device in NI-MAX, but problem I'm having is that as soon as I click on the camera in MAX, MAX immediately crashes.  Any thoughts on this?

Here's the configuration I am running:

Windows 7 Pro 32-bit

IMAQ 4.6.1

IMAQdx 3.9.1

IMAQ I/O 2.5

MAX 5.6.0f0

I also tried an older Windows XP computer that has older versions of IMAQ and MAX installed with a similar result.  I've attached the crash report if that helps too.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,405 Views)

As an update, I tried updating the NI drivers on the computer.  I installed Vision Aquistion 2015-02 and Vision Development Module 2014f1.  This did not resolve the issue.  The current software on the system is:

IMAQ 14.5.0

IMAQ I/O 14.5.0

IMAQdx 14.5.0

MAX 14.5.0f0

Thanks for any assistance!

Edit:  Attached MAX log files.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,396 Views)

As an update, it looks like it may be a problem with the Matrox drivers.  I loaded an older version of their software (2.8.0) and it seems to be working better.  I was using their latest (2.12.1).  I'm still testing this configuration but MAX is no longer crashing and I can grab images from the camera (they are all black - still investigating this).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,370 Views)

Hi there,

I took the dump file and analyzed it with windbg…turns out that the component that failed was DirectShow itself. Perhaps something wrong happened while registering the DirectShow interface.

Consider repairing the component as mentioned on this thread.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 4 of 9
(5,367 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tstanley

The crash is within the (badly named) "DirectShow_acquire.ax" binary, which is a component that the camera vendor, Matrix Vision, ships, not Microsoft.

IMAQdx is trying to query the IAMVideoProcAmp interface off the capture device and this call crashes. I think you'd have to ask Matrix Vision to debug this issue as they have the symbols for their own DLLs and can see why it is crashing.

Eric

Message 5 of 9
(5,363 Views)

Thanks for looking into this and the replies.  I've basically concluded the same thing.  The older version of the Matrox driver is working properly so it looks like something they changed in one of their recent releases.  For now I'm going to stick with the older version of their drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,357 Views)
I am having quiet bit same problem above, the things i faced in this journey :- i have win8.1 OS and 'mvBlueFox camera 220c' tried to install mvBlueFox 220C drivers -version 2.12.2 x86-x64 installation going smoothly BUT when i opened Device manager it shows yellow mark(bad sign) ,what should i do now ? i tried old driver version also one thing i noticed is that _when i disabled and enabled a driver it worked for some time also wxPropview recognised the camera but again it failed, NI MAX not showing a camera too Do i have to install win7 or winXp ?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,192 Views)
i attached image
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,190 Views)

I had to roll back to version 2.8.0 of their drivers to get the camera I was working with to work with DirectShow & NI-IMAQ.  I don't recall any having problems with the camera in Device Manager or the Matrox utilities.  In any case you could give the older version a try anyway.  Best of luck!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,179 Views)