cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Image - 3D View

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I was trying to 3D-display some complex image data. The 3D View function accepts CSG images, allows you to select a plane (standard option= 2 /  magnitude), and displays that. (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281M-01/imaqvision/imaq_3dview/)

It doesnt seem to work. I get a "Error -1074396077 occurred at IMAQ 3DView", which means inconsistent datatype. 

I implemented a minimal example showing this behaviour:

complexdisplay.png

The workaround is trivial.. extract the desired plane, use IVA Dynamic Adjustment to get to U8, done. 

However, I'm a bit worried that I have a corrupted system, because this is not the first time I stumble upon inconsistent behaviour with the CSG datatype. Can you guys confirm that you have  same issue as I do? I don't really want to reinstall my machine, because I've customized a lot.

Thanks a lot,

B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,785 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author b.ploetzeneder

Hi B,

I believe the reason you were enctountering the error is because you missed an input for the IMAQ 3DView.vi . Attached you will find the your example, but modified. See if it solves the isse 😉 .

Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,738 Views)

Hi Denis,

yep, works.  mhmm.. I get the point that the VI modifies the src reference and turns it into an U8.
Still.. I would have expected it to work on the first run, or at least there should be a note in the documentation that a dst reference is required for CSG. There's a lot of sloppy programming with that datatype, mainly because nobody seems to use it as much as I currently need to.

Thanks

B

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,735 Views)