From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Image - 3D View

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I was trying to 3D-display some complex image data. The 3D View function accepts CSG images, allows you to select a plane (standard option= 2 /  magnitude), and displays that. (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281M-01/imaqvision/imaq_3dview/)

It doesnt seem to work. I get a "Error -1074396077 occurred at IMAQ 3DView", which means inconsistent datatype. 

I implemented a minimal example showing this behaviour:

complexdisplay.png

The workaround is trivial.. extract the desired plane, use IVA Dynamic Adjustment to get to U8, done. 

However, I'm a bit worried that I have a corrupted system, because this is not the first time I stumble upon inconsistent behaviour with the CSG datatype. Can you guys confirm that you have  same issue as I do? I don't really want to reinstall my machine, because I've customized a lot.

Thanks a lot,

B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,774 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author b.ploetzeneder

Hi B,

I believe the reason you were enctountering the error is because you missed an input for the IMAQ 3DView.vi . Attached you will find the your example, but modified. See if it solves the isse 😉 .

Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,727 Views)

Hi Denis,

yep, works.  mhmm.. I get the point that the VI modifies the src reference and turns it into an U8.
Still.. I would have expected it to work on the first run, or at least there should be a note in the documentation that a dst reference is required for CSG. There's a lot of sloppy programming with that datatype, mainly because nobody seems to use it as much as I currently need to.

Thanks

B

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,724 Views)