Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustering images - they all get the same name?

Hi Vision Gurus,

I need to create multiple images, so to reduce wiring I thought I'd put them into a cluster. But when I do so, they are all called "New Image", which is not the name I gave each one when I used IMAQ Image Create. Iexpected each image to have the name I gave it.

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,881 Views)

The "Name" you give an image using Imaq create image.vi can be though of as a pointer to the actual image data.

The name of a control in a cluster is just the label of that control.  The two things are not related.

If you need to carry multiple image references (named images) in a single cluster element, then simply create multiple image controls (or constants), and then wire up to the corresponding named image wire.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,873 Views)

I think the name of your image label will get reflected in the cluster .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,861 Views)

That works. Thanks for the help.

For anyone else who has the same question in the future, I create an image indicator (an actual image displayed on the front panel) with whatever name I need, then turn into into a constant and wire it up to a Cluster function. That way, when I unbundle by name I see the image name. Not sure if it's the 'proper' way, but it works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,838 Views)

For anyone also reading this.. you can simply create a constant for the input of the bundle to cluster function, and rename the labels on that.

cluster.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,767 Views)