From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustering images - they all get the same name?

Hi Vision Gurus,

I need to create multiple images, so to reduce wiring I thought I'd put them into a cluster. But when I do so, they are all called "New Image", which is not the name I gave each one when I used IMAQ Image Create. Iexpected each image to have the name I gave it.

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,899 Views)

The "Name" you give an image using Imaq create image.vi can be though of as a pointer to the actual image data.

The name of a control in a cluster is just the label of that control.  The two things are not related.

If you need to carry multiple image references (named images) in a single cluster element, then simply create multiple image controls (or constants), and then wire up to the corresponding named image wire.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,891 Views)

I think the name of your image label will get reflected in the cluster .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,879 Views)

That works. Thanks for the help.

For anyone else who has the same question in the future, I create an image indicator (an actual image displayed on the front panel) with whatever name I need, then turn into into a constant and wire it up to a Cluster function. That way, when I unbundle by name I see the image name. Not sure if it's the 'proper' way, but it works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,856 Views)

For anyone also reading this.. you can simply create a constant for the input of the bundle to cluster function, and rename the labels on that.

cluster.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,785 Views)