From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect Basler USB 3.0 camera to IMAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have some issue about connect the Basler USB 3.0 camera to LabVIEW.

I use Basler camera acA1600-20um it doesn't appear on my NI-MAX.

actually, there's only "Basler ace USB3 Vision Camera "USB-0"" and the error occurred when I try to click it.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Racha 

Message 1 of 16
(10,454 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rachacha
Please post the error screenshot..
-You were able to connect using Basler's software Pylon?
-can you right click on the "Basler ace USB3 Vision Camera "USB-0" and change the driver to NI IMAQdx driver and then see?
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 16
(10,453 Views)

error.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(10,451 Views)

I already install pylon .

The error occur when I chick right

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(10,450 Views)

Thank you very much !!

I got the answer !

Racha,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(10,448 Views)

I have the same error. I could use Basler Ace USB3 camera with Pylon, but not with MAX. I can't find the solution here, could someone answer to it? I have LabVIEW 2015 and Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(9,811 Views)

This is standard behaviour with the Basler/MAX combination.

It is kind of annoying how the error occurs. The solution is still Right-Mouse-Click on the Camera, and selecting the IMAQdx driver, but then the error

window shows up and kicks you out (we should do a CAR on that). The solution is being persistent / fast or pressing Esc, but I will check for the specific sequence the next time I go to the lab. But you really don't need to look further than the RMT/Driver switch.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(9,808 Views)

Thank you, now all is clear. I couldn't do it and after 10 times I ask another engineer to "fast click", and he managed to get to the correct place and click.

Thanks again, Armen.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(9,799 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for reporting this issue. I was able to reproduce the problem as well whenever MAX was opened while the USB3 Camera was associated with the Pylon driver. Hitting Esc or OK twice to minimize the two popups and then right clicking the camera seemed to allow me to then switch the driver to NI-IMAQdx. Moving forward this issue is now tracked in internal CAR #557772, so hopefully we can improve the user experience for switching drivers in the future.

Katie

Message 9 of 16
(9,784 Views)

Also worth bearing in mind any bandwidth limitations that your USB3 card may have. I have two USB3 cameras going into one card and their combined bandwidth was greater than the maximum allowed for the card. In the end I had to reduce the bandwidth of the cameras via Pylon and later using usersets in LabView. Without this modification my application was prone to dropping images.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(9,724 Views)