From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the NI 1473R Be Used With The NI Real Time OS?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am trying to determine if I can use the NI 1473R PCIe FPGA framegrabber in a PC based NI real time OS computer. Does anyone know if this is possible? I would think so as it should appear to the real time OS as an FPGA target that can transfer its data over DMA, but I wanted to make sure the drivers would work in NI real time.

I appreciate any info on this!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,347 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lukepike

lukepike,

Yes you can use this device with NI Real Time OS.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,326 Views)
While I don't know he answer to this for sure (though I do think it uses the same drivers as the FlexRIO/1473R which should be supported), one thing to note is that the out-of-the-box mechanism for allowing 3rd-party camera software (Pylon, etc) to configure the camera settings will _not_ work on RT. You would either need to configure the camera via some other means and save the settings to the camera or do the serial commands by hand in your code to configure the settings.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,316 Views)

Thank you for the info! Yes, I gathered that I would have to manually configure the camera going through a framegrabber like this. I thought I saw someone mention a basler API to do that, I'll have to look for that again.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,257 Views)