From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see inspection interface in inspection mode on CVS1458rt

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day,

I made an inspection (with a custom inspection interface) in VBAI. The inspection runs on a CVS-1458RT and the inspection interface has to be visible on a touchscreen connected via VGA to the CVS. But on the screen connected to the CVS is only a part of the inspection interface visible, the last acuired image. But the inspection interface has also controls and part counter,which are not visible. Even if the VBAI inspection is set as a startup and no other computer is connected remotly to the CVS (no remote control) I can't see the whole inspection interface. What did I wrong? If I remote control my CVS while it is inspectiong I can see the whole inspection interface on my computer display and can change input values of control elements.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,181 Views)

Which version of VBAI are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,151 Views)

Hi Christophe,

I'm using VBAI 2014 SP1.

Can anybody confirm me that the inspection interface is visible in inspection mode on a Compact Vision System?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,137 Views)

Hi Andreas,

You're referring to the Embedded UI feature, available on LinuxRT targets. We introduced this feature in Vision Builder AI 2015 that is now released.

You must upgrade to this version to be able to use this feature with Vision Builder AI.

-Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,122 Views)

Hi Christophe,

the Embedded UI feature is available on my CVS and I enabled it in NI MAX. But after that I see only a Linux UI and two windows: "Vision Builder RT Launcher.vi" and "Vision Builder AI Engine".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,110 Views)
Yes, this is expected with Vision Builder AI 2014 SP1. To view the full inspection interface on the video out, you need Vision Builder AI 2015.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,105 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreas_Elster

Here is the page where you can download Vision Builder AI 2015.

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n8:2235,ssnav:pdl/

Give it a try.

Christophe

Message 7 of 8
(4,097 Views)

Thank you for your support. VBAI 2015 solved my problem and it seems to run a little bit faster than the 2014 version. Now I can view the whole inspection interface and use custom controls.

Kind regards Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,073 Views)