From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't rename Camera Link interface names with new version of VAS

I upgraded to VAS 2014 SP1 (I noticed this issue with VAS2014 as well) and I cannot rename the IMAQ Interface Names anymore through MAX.  Previously I would right-click on the interface (NI PCIe-1429 "img0") and select "Save As..." and then change the name to the interface name that I want to use (for instance "img2.iid").  After the save, the interface name is still img0.  I've tried restarting MAX and many other things but it seems to only allow the name that it assigned.

I use multiple frame grabbers and I want to be able to assign the names so that it is less confusing (to me and to others).

How do I change the Interface Name to the one I want?

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,830 Views)
Sounds like a bug that may have creeped in with the new way that device drivers interface with max starting around that version.

You should be able to just rename your IID files manually in the data folder, then restart MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,818 Views)

Hi,

Try to download NI camerafile generator so that u can update your .icd files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,811 Views)

I tried doing this and it works for other programs but it seems MAX decides to assign/display whatever name it wants to use.  So in my program img2 works to communicate with the camera, but in MAX I choose img0.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,798 Views)
Hmm. I'd guess it is because the DLLs that provide this info to MAX now run in the SystemWebServer service. You could either restard that service or reboot.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,791 Views)

I rebooted the PC and it still has the same issue.  I also tried deleting img0.iid from the IMAQ\Data folder and rebooting but it puts a new copy of img0 there and it happens to be a near exact copy except for the line that specifies the InterfaceName.  So then there is both img0.iid and img2.iid in the IMAQ\Data folder.  MAX only shows img0.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,782 Views)

I think the IID files may contain an interface name inside them (that should be a duplicate of the filename) that you might need to change as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,776 Views)