Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I overlay an entire image on another?

Solved!
Go to solution

For my thesis I have to overlay an image, from a certain source , on another one.

Besides I have to allow the user of the software I'm developing to show or hide the overlay as he please.

How can I do that? 

Message Edited by Lando on 09-14-2008 06:10 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,903 Views)

Lando -

If you're using LabVIEW, you can use IMAQ Overlay Bitmap to overlay an image onto another image.  You can read the image you want to overlay and then call IMAQ ColorImageToArray (assuming the image is RGBU32) to get the pixels in a format that IMAQ Overlay Bitmap accepts.

Greg Stoll

Vision R&D

National Instruments

Greg Stoll
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,878 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lando

Thanks for the advice!

If the image I have to overlay has to be overlaid rotated with respect to the other one, how can I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,817 Views)

What if the image is not RGBU32? I'm looking to incorporate something similar into my code. What I'm attempting to do is capture an image using imaqdx snap2 vi, save that image to a file, then recall that image to overlay onto a live image later on in the application. Seems to me I would have to convert the saved image to a bitmap then overlay the bitmap onto the live image somehow. Does this sound feasible?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,924 Views)

hi jj0325,

how about something like this:

2015-06-19_overlay-interpolate.png

I have to admit, I did not write this piece of code on my own. I found this some years ago on the ni.forums, unfortunately I can't find the source-link anymore ....

Regards,
Alex

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,829 Views)