Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have a global calibration, for different image sizes, in VBAI

Solved!
Go to solution

I run a VBAI algorithm on stored images from several line-scan cameras.  We use a simple, square, calibration (.42mm/pixel) for every image, they are always 1024 pixels wide, but image length may vary.  Currently, I have to use more then 10 Calibration Wizard instances to acomodate the variations in length, but it strikes me that the resulting internal calibration is the same for every instance.  So is there a way that I can set up a single calibration an use if for any image length?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,409 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eberg

That's a feature we added in the latest version of Vision Builder AI (2012), which will be available very soon.

Would it be a possibility for you to use the Run LabVIEW step to calibrate your image? If so, you can call a LabVIEW VI that sets the calibration using IMAQ Set Simple Calibration2, after the acquisition steps. Once the image is calibrated, all subsequent steps should return calibrated results, even if you're not using the VBAI built in calibration.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,407 Views)

Christophe,

Thanks.  That covers me both in the long and short term

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,404 Views)

Hi ChristopheC,

I tried the same method .

its not giving calibrated output.

i am using following .vi and .vbai files .

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,016 Views)

If your image size varies and you're using a Simple Calibration, you can now (in VBAI 2012 and later) simply check the box to allow for Varying Size Images in the Calibration step.

Calibrate Variable Image Size.png

So you shouldn't need to use a Run LabVIEW step to calibrate if you're using VBAI 2012 or later.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,007 Views)