From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera shows up in MAX on Win 7, but not on Win XP

Hi there,

I'm using a Point Grey Blackfly USB3 camera for an application. I wrote an application on Windows 7, and deployed the executable to Windows XP.

On Windows 7 I can use the point grey frame grabber, or view the camera in MAX or my LabVIEW application without changing drivers.

On Windows XP I can use the point grey frame grabber. I installed MAX as well as my application with the IMAQdx 14.5 runtime and Vision Acquisition software, but cannot see the camera in MAX. The camera originally showed up in Device Manager as a Point Grey USB3 camera, but I can change the driver to NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device, and it still does not show up in MAX.

Please let me know if you have any experience or ideas on the issue. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,429 Views)

If you are in development on XP, are you able to capture images? What exact Point Grey devices are you using?

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,342 Views)

Hi Tanner, I do not have LabVIEW installed on the XP machine. I am using the BFLY-U3-20S4M-CS Camera.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,333 Views)

You said that you are able to use the Point Grey Framegrabber in XP. Are you saying that you're able to acquire images using thier software and driver, just not MAX? Does the camera work at all on the XP machine?

Tanner B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,283 Views)

I was saying that it acquires images using the Point Grey frame grabber, but not in MAX. Now it talks to MAX as well!

Before I had just deployed the application and it installed the IMAQdx runtime, and the camera did not work. After popping in the Vision Acquisition CD I ran a full installation, and the camera is now working!

In LabVIEW 2013 deploying a vision application would include the IMAQdx drivers, but now in LabVIEW 2014 it deploys the IMAQdx "runtime". I am not sure what the difference is, but I never had a problem deploying applications written in 2013. I think this is the second time I tried to deploy an application in 2014 and both times resulted in complications. Last time it completely wiped out compatibility with older applications. Please take note!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,278 Views)

Glad to hear you got it working, and I appreciate you letting us know what you did to get there.

Tanner B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,259 Views)