Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera settings getting lost after power-down?

Hello,

I developed a PXIe system which uses 4x Basler acA1300-60gc cameras. My customer is reporting a strange issue where settings applied in NI MAX are not being retained after shutting down the system.

Here's what we did:

1. From NI MAX, we set the pixel format to "Bayer RG 8", and click "Save".
  2. We close MAX.
  3. We launch our LabVIEW-based application (.exe), and we're now able to get our desired video stream format.
  4. We power down the system.
  5. We start up the system again, and launch the application.

However, at step #5, the application no longer gets the correct video format; we need to go back to NI MAX and re-select "Bayer RG 8". According to the customer, other settings sometimes change too after powering down, but the most noticeable one is the pixel format.

I did not encounter anything like this during development (I had 1 camera for testing), but the software is now deployed as an .exe on a different PXI controller, there are now 4 cameras attached, and the system is at the other side of the country so I unfortunately don't have access to it.

I'm at a loss to explain this; what might be the cause, and how could we fix it? Are NI MAX's settings getting overridden by the camera's on-board settings? (I could programatically applying settings at startup, but that would remove the operator's ability to configure the system through NI MAX)

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,069 Views)

Hi JKSH,

The attributes should be saved in the .icd files stored in  C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data for each camera. You could try to replace these with the correct ones on your development computer. I would recommend programmatically setting attributes as a best practice. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,873 Views)