From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not found, Error -1074360311 occurred at IMAQdx Open Camera.vi , Using USB cameras labview 2013 64(bitts)

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been using USB cameras with labview 2013, and I can acquire images in the MAX, and in the Vison Acquisition (express) settings, but when I run the VI, always appear the same error as shown in the Image below.

- I checked the correct versions of my softwares, IMAQ, IMAQdx, VDM 2013, IMAQ I/O

- I also make sure that I had all the camera drivers updated.

- I've been using IMAQdx bloq diagram and examples getting the same error   u.u

Please help! 

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

image.jpgSin título.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(10,832 Views)

Since you are using an Express VI, right-click, and open it so you can view the LabVIEW source code of the VI.  You may find that the express VI contains a different name than your camera, or possibly something else.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(10,816 Views)
Are you running in 64-bit LabVIEW? MAX and the Express VI are both 32-bit, I believe, and it might be possible that your camera doesn't have working 64-bit DLLs (since it looks to be a DirectShow-supported device).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(10,805 Views)

Thanks for replay MoviJOHN, I checked the name, and it was correct, also I tryed to rename the camera and get the same error... I don't know what's wrong.....

The strange is that I can acquire images when I'm setting the Acquisition Express, but the Error appears just when I run the VI

Sin título.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(10,796 Views)

Hi BlueCheese!

Yes, I'm with 64bits version, I've also tried with the Webcam in my laptop and two different external webcams, and get the same error, would you recomend me to install 32bit version instead?....

Thaks so much for you reply! regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(10,795 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Conejo55

If it works in the pop-up Express VI app and inside MAX (both 32-bit apps), then I am assuming it will work within 32-bit LabVIEW. It is unclear why it is not working in 64-bit LabVIEW, but it is up to the camera drivers and other Windows infrastructure/DirectShow pieces.

Message 6 of 10
(10,791 Views)

I know BlueCheese....so, let me install 32-bit version and I'll post again. Thaks!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(10,789 Views)

Could you share with us a NI MAX Technical Report to check for compatibility issues?

Using MAX Technical Report to Document Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Configuration Information:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

I would like to confirm the version of the IMAQdx version, the following link explains the Windows 8 and NI Software compatibility:

National Instruments Product Compatibility for Microsoft Windows 8:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14281/en/

As BlueCheese commented, maybe you are using 32 bits IMAQdx, with the report we will be able to confirm that.

David P.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(10,785 Views)

DavidPrrs , Sure, I was unistalling labview 64-bits version before I could see your reply, I hope I doesn't affects the report. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(10,780 Views)

You were right! I unistaledl labview 64-bits version, and the installed labview 32-bits version. Maybe I were having Max 32bits, and labview 64bits at the same time. Anyway, now my USB camera is working properly in MAX and in Labview. Thank you all for your replies!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(10,775 Views)