Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera File (.icd) for Dalsa Piranha 4 (P4-CM-08K070)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Sebastian,

Can you tell me why do you have Maximum height as 5000?

Thanks,

Sridhar

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(3,080 Views)

Hi Sridhar

The 5000 was an arbitrary number. It limits the number of lines that you can acquire into a single buffer.

In case of an area-scan camera, one buffer holds the data for one 2D image.

In case of a line-scan camera, one buffer holds the data of the number of 1D lines you requested (by setting the acquisition window height).  

So, just make sure that the Maximum Acquisition Window Height is great or equal to the number of lines you want to gather in one buffer.

Hope that was helpful.

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(3,071 Views)

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for the files and the information.

They work!! 🙂 🙂

Thanks,

Sridhar

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(3,071 Views)

Glad to hear I could help. 😃

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(3,061 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

I am wondering how and where did you get your camera file.  Actually  I am using the camera Dalsa Piranha 4 (P4-CM-02K10D).

Thank you,

James

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(3,029 Views)

Hi James

I built the camera file myself using the "Camera File Generator" software (which you can download from NI).

Just download my camera file (from one of the posts on the first page of this thread) and modify it with the CFGen.

Chances are that you only need to change the number of pixels to 2048. But of course you should check all settings with your camera manual.

Regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(3,022 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you so much for your fast response!

That is great that since I already have the "camera File Generator" software. I could just download your camera file and modify it.

By the way, which video ouput mode you are using?  How to select it?

The video output mode/format has 2 tap - 8, 10, or 12 bit / 4 tap - 8,10, or 12 bit / 8 tap - 8 bit.

any thoughts?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(3,018 Views)

Hi James

That depends on your application. Do you rather need the highest possible speed or rather a fine grey-scale color resolution?

8 tap - 8 bit gives you the fastest data transmission, but of course you have only 256 grey-scale values.

With 12 bit you get 4096 grey-scale values, but your data transmission is slower.

The maximum data transmission speed depends also on whether you use one CameraLink cable (base configuration) or two cables (medium or full configuration).

You should find all those things in your camera manual.

Regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(3,015 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

We use the camera "P4-CM-02K10D-00-R" with the same frame grabber.

I adapted the icd-file you sent - now we get a picture, but are not able to change any camera attributes.

You wrote "Serial communication through Camera Link for reading & writing camera settings works well".

Could you send your camera file including the settings for the serial interface please?

At the momtent we try to figure out, if we have any driver problems because the framegrabber card won´t be identified as COM-Port.

Thanks

Sven.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(2,530 Views)

Hi Sven

The serial communication has nothing to do with my camera file.

I use the IMAQ serial read/write functions (part of the NI Vision Acquisition Software package) to communicate with the camera under LabView. I don't know if there are frame grabber drivers which map the serial interface to a virtual COM port. The NI support should be able to answer that question.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(2,526 Views)