Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU clock timer in vision builder

Hi

I need send to Ethernet port PC clock time as an inspection result in vision builder where can I find clock timer in vision builder tools? Like the tick counter in Labview.

I have used some items like active timer in system variable but I have not succeeded.

Would you please help me?

Thank you

Refa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,286 Views)

Hi nirefa,

I'm curious what is your end goal? Are you wantig to measure elapsed time, output a timing pulse, time stamp images, etc.?

In the meantime I want to refer you to the Vision Builder AI Online Help found on the splash screen when VBAI opens. This document can be a helpful resource as you continue working. Have a great day!

- Kale W.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,259 Views)

The Active Time reports how long the inspection has been running. Why does this not work for you? It sounds like this is what you want since you're looking for something like LabVIEW's Timer. The main difference is that LV's timer starts at a random offset, and VBAI's Active Time always starts at 0 from when the inspection starts. If you want the system time, there is a System Variable called Current Time that reports the time of the system. It only reports the time to the second, so if you need more accuracy, you can use a Run LabVIEW VI to get the current time with more accuracy.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,256 Views)

Hi Brad

I have used Run Labview VI to get the system time in ms.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,244 Views)